Alexandre Alonso Fernández
Institute of Marine Research (CSIC)
Eduardo Cabello, 6. Vigo. Pontevedra. 36208 (Spain)
(+34) 986231930 ext. 241
web: Ecoloxía Azul
Ph.D. in Marine Sciences from the University of Vigo. My predoctoral research was conducted on the study on fish reproductive dynamics and its relationship with bionergetics status See my Download my PhD Thesis here: “Bioenergetics approach to fish reproductive potential: case of Trisopterus luscus (Teleostei) on the Galician Shelf (NW Iberian Peninsula)“. PhD thesis dissertation. I was also engaged in research projects with groups of Mediterranean fisheries ecology (IMEDEA-CSIC) and have done some collaborations with international groups (Canada,DFO) in the study of the great North Atlantic Fisheries (NAFO area).
Currently my work focuses on the study of population dynamics of marine species targeted by the small-scale fisheries in Galician waters (NW Spain). I am also focused in the application of spatial ecology and behaviour of marine species to promote better management approaches.
- Alonso-Fernández A., Otero J., Bañón R., Campelos J.M., Quintero F., Ribó J., Filgueira F., Juncal L., Lamas F., Gancedo A., Molares J. (2019) Inferring abundance trends of key species from a highly developed small-scale fishery off NE Atlantic Fisheries Research, 209: 101-116
- Bañón R., Otero J., Campelos-Álvarez J.M., Garazo A., Alonso-Fernández A. (2018) The traditional small-scale octopus trap fishery off the Galician coast (Northeastern Atlantic): Historical notes and current fishery dynamics Fisheries Research, 206: 115-128
- Padín X.A., Alonso-Fernández A., Lijó A., Otero V., Otero J. (2018) Environmental drivers of lesser weever stings on the northeast Atlantic coast (A Lanzada beach, Spain) Ecological Indicators, 95: 242-249
- McBride, R. S., Somarakis, S., Fitzhugh, G. R., Albert, A., Yaragina, N. A., Wuenschel, M. J., Alonso-Fernández, A. and Basilone, G. (2015) Energy acquisition and allocation to egg production in relation to fish reproductive strategies Fish and Fisheries, 16: 23-57
- Alonso-Fernández A., Otero J., Villegas-Ríos D. and Bañón R. (2014) Drivers of body size changes in a Pollachius pollachius stock in NE Atlantic coastal waters Marine Ecology Progress Series, 511: 223-235