We are seeking highly motivated candidates with a PhD in Marine Science, Environmental Science, Marine Biology or Biological Oceanography to apply for three open positions in the R+D Spanish programme
The post-doc fellows will work on the Fisheries Ecology Research group at the Institute of Marine Research, Vigo, Spain, within several of the group ongoing research projects and particularly within the next topics:
- Biological and ecosystem indicators for improving small-scale fisheries management
- Modelling European hake recruitment incorporating improved life history traits and productivity
- Environmental, fisheries and life history interactions shaping recruitment in Flemish Cap
- Role of climate change in variability and connectivity among spawning components applying genomic tools
- Reproductive resilience and productivity in exploited populations
- Spatial ecology and behaviour of marine animals (using acoustic telemetry techniques)
Tendering researchers must have a PhD degree, preferably on fisheries science, or ecological modelling obtained between 1 January 2008 and 31 December 2018. Knowledge of programming in R, data analysis and fisheries models and a good level of English are particularly appreciated. According to the post-doc experience, two types of positions are offered:
- 2 starting grants (Juan de la Cierva modality). PhD degree obtained between 1 January 2014 and 31 December 2018. 2-year full contract.
- 1 advanced grant (Ramon y Cajal modality). PhD degree obtained between 1 January 2008 and 31 December 2015). 5-year full contract.
The candidates will join a team of experts on marine research and fisheries ecology affiliated to the Fisheries Ecology Group, Department of Ecology and Marine Resources of the Institute of Marine Research, IIM, within the Spanish National Research Council, CSIC). The starting grant candidates will work under the supervision of some of the Fisheries Ecology researchers (Fran Saborido-Rey, Graham Pierce, Alexandre Alonso-Fernández) but will be provided with a high level of independence to develop his/her research.
The advanced grant will develop his/her research with full independence and will be provided with 50.000 € as research grant. Additionally, will have full capacity to apply for a research project in the Spanish R+D programme.
Please contact us for more information before 25th January 2019: